Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Still waiting?

Sleepless nights and much anxiety is in the air. Many people awaiting this little one and still we feel at a stand still. Today is the due date, and not many changes have happened in the last couple of days. There is no written instructions or rules how all this is suppose to happen and when, we only hope that by this point, being full term, we would have a child in our arms.
A few weeks back, I was sure this baby would come early, but now I realize, life is something that has always been a mystery and most of the time shocking. So feeling heavy, tired and ready I wait patiently for the baby to come into this life.

I took a class a few years back in college and the class would always begin with the instructor reading this poem by William Wordsworth:

“ Our birth is but asleep and a forgetting;
The soul that rises with us, our life’s Star,
Hath had elsewhere its settling,
And cometh from afar;
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory do we come
From God, who is our home.


The day I found out we were pregnant was the day this poem landed on my lap again. So now I share it with you.
Much Love- Dana

No comments: