Monday, February 13, 2006

Almost Five Months Old...


Sofi came with Kung Fu Action Grip™
Don't ask me where the time has gone. It's a mystery. It just keeps pumping out of the great faucet in the sky. I just wish for a minute that we were able to simply turn the knob––you know it would have one of those grimy phony chrystal handles on it like they do in the YMCA––and shut it off for a while. Take a look around you. Check out your scene and really appreciate what you've got right next to you. In this modern world we're generally so focused on what we haven't got. A bigger house. A nicer car. A fancier cat. This or that person's glamorous lifestyle. And I think it's sad that it's so easy to exist anywhere but in the present moment. If you're like me, you spend half of each day worrying about yesterday, and the other half worrying about tomorrow. If you're a skilled mathmetician, you're realize that it leaves nothing left to appreciate the most important part of it all. The Now. Yesterday's tomorrow, Tomorrow's yesterday.

Oh. And if you haven't figured it out yet, I just finished reading "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. That's right. I'm not ashamed to start preaching right away something I only read a day ago... That's the way things work, only most of the time people wouldn't admit it. Call me honest. Call me a fool. I don't care. I'm tired.



This picture made me think of Bjørk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how true- great words tom...and super pics! sophie is a cutie with her kung-fu grip, what a beautiful child.

i was waiting for your next phrasings of enlightenment. i will have to check out that book- thanks for the link.